Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Run Run as Fast as You Can, You Can't Catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man

Yesterday I left work not feeling too energized, I'd been feeling sluggish all day. I got home and we made dinner but didn't eat instead I ate a piece of bread with some peanut butter about 30 minutes before running. I was planning on running at the gym but I decided to run around the apartments since I hadn't ran outside in a while. I pulled it up on Google maps and it's exactly 2 miles around the whole thing. I've ran that thing many times without knowing how long it really was since I was using the iMapMyRun app for my phone. It always said it was 1.92 but I noticed that it always cut some corners. I like this route because it has some good hills at the end (or beginning depending on which way I go).

I stretched for about 5 minutes before walking to the start. Once I started I felt pretty good and continued on. I finished the first 2 miles without a break but I stopped to check some messages on my phone for a minute. I continued on and finished 4 miles in 46 minutes and still had energy to keep going. This is a BIG improvement from when I first started where my 3.1 miles was 46 minutes. I divided it up and 46 minutes for 4 miles was about 11:50 a mile. I know it's baby steps but it's a step closer to my goal.

Today during lunch I'm going to attempt to swim at the gym. I say attempt to, because I'm going to be focusing on my technique instead of how long I go. On Thursday I'm running 7 miles so I'll update then. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can start my cycling. I miss riding. 

No comments: