Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

No Water Big Problem

This past week I really didn't do much except swim one day since my leg was hurt. It still hurts when I touch it but I decided to tough it out and go running on Saturday. So I grabbed my phone and drove over to White Rock Lake. My plan was to run 3.5 miles and then turn around and run 3.5 miles back. I decided to do White Rock Lake because they have water fountains and I would not have to carry a water bottle with me. This was a big mistake. I got about 2 miles in and decided to stop at one of the water fountains and to my surprise no water came out. I was starting to wonder how much longer I could go but I kept going until I reached the next water fountain, again no water came out.

I reached the halfway point and then turned around. I was exhausted and very thirsty. I decided to walk the rest of the way since I hadn't had any water. That was the longest 3.5 miles I have ever traveled. I finally reached 7 miles and finally had a drink of water.

Other than the whole no drinking water, the run went ok. Neither my shin nor my knee hurt so I think I'm ready to start running again.

No comments: