Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Got So Much Ice You Can Skate on it

Monday was a good day for an outside run since the weather was in the upper 50s. The plan for that day was to do 6 miles (3 times around my apartments). The first loop was a bit hard since I was going against the wind. Once I finished 2 miles I turned around and ran the other way so I didn't get bored. Once I reached 4 miles I checked my phone and I was at 51 minutes which was not the pace I was hoping for. I was hoping for a 10 minute per mile pace. I started a faster pace once I saw that and finished the 6 miles in 1:10:50.

Tuesday I was planning on swimming but there was a bit of ice on the roads so I just went home after work.

Wednesday I didn't go to work. This was nice but I'm bad when I stay home, especially when you have a girlfriend who loves to bake when she's bored I ended up eating bad :( . I decided to go to the gym to swim a bit. I've never swam at the one close my house and didn't know they had a salt water pool. After 10 minutes I was tired. I woke up today with my upper body sore. I guess this is good since most half ironman are in salt water. I've decided that from now on I'm going to go to this one. I've also decided I need to invest in some tri shorts, a swim cap and some fins.

No comments: